Sunday, March 29, 2009

aberrations by Penelope Przekop


At first glance, Aberrations is the story of a young woman who learns to live with her narcolepsy, and who struggles immensely to understand how her mom died when she was born and to discover who her mother really was. But the debut novel of Penelope Przekop moves insightfully into a whole other dimension, showing the reader how each of us lives a life of aberration, that we each have some kind of stigma or conflict or handicap to overcome. We also discover that having the strength to first seek out the truth and then to live with it can be quite challenging.


My thoughts: Penelope Przekop does a great job making you feel like you are part of the story, I love her writing style. I will be watching for her next book. I highly recommend this book.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm this sounds like a really great read, I shall add it to my tbr list right now :)

    Good luck on the Marcelo giveaway, if you don't win, you should still give it a shot. It's a really good book :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Debbie! You are the winner of Above the Law in my book giveaway. It seems as though we like the same kinds of books.
    email me your contact info so I can put it in the mail for you.
    e_bogardus[AT]hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie I just added your link on my blog and only then realised that your last post was 4 weeks ago.I realise you might be busy but please some more reviews.I love these short ones(I cant stop the blah blah blah on mine) and I am getting my kindle soon so I am really going to be needing these reviews of yours to choose which books to read.I guess what I am saying is don't give up now!! As soon as I get an award you will be first in line for my "pay it forward"

    ReplyDelete